The history of this instrument was described in various publications: Musik und Kirche (MUK 1934-6-N), FEDTKE 1934, GROßMANN 1935, and also RENKEWITZ & JANCA 1984 refer to the history of this instrument.
In 1673 David Trampp (also called Trampff) erects a one-manual organ, with pedals, containing 15 stops. In 1674 a rückpositiv with 7 stops is added (RENKEWITZ & JANCA 1984: 165-166).
In 1734-1737 the instrument is extended and changed by Georg Sigismund Caspari (not Casparini as in FEDKE 1934 and MUK 1934-6-N in text to the photo of the facade).
After restaurations in 1800 und 1823 (Jacob Preuß, Königsberg) and an extension to 27 stops (performed by Wilhelm Sauer, Frankfurt/O. between 1860 und 1866, see FALKENBERG 1990: 294) the instrument was totally changed by Bruno Goebel, Königsberg in 1904.
In 1934, Wilhelm Sauer/Frankfurt/O. makes a new organ behind the old facade. The work contained 67 stops.
The central part of the main case and the Rückpositiv were all that remained of the instrument once built by David Trampp (RENKEWITZ & JANCA 1984: 164).
To the last, the flying eagle seems to have been functional. The Rückpositiv had two Zimbelsterne. And so the organ was destroyed in 1944 during the heavy bombings on Königsberg.